Seeking a dedicated, career-oriented Store Manager to lead the largest not-for-proﬁt Thrift Shop in Fayette County. The mission of Clothes Less Traveled is to serve the needs of our community by operating a thrift shop where gently used household goods and clothing can be resold at fair and reasonable prices. Proﬁts, after expenses are paid and reserves are met, are distributed as scholarships, vouchers and grants to qualiﬁed recipients and other 501c3 organizations.
The Store Manager will provide leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive volunteer, customer, and staff experience.
The Store manager will be responsible for thrift store operations, staff and volunteers within the store. Key skills include, but are not limited to, the following: Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations. Leadership skills, including problem solving, decision making, and delegation. Strong employee development, communication skills, both oral and written. At least 5 years retail management experience required. Nonprofit leadership experience preferred.
Principal Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the store and associated programs such as vouchers, community service, internships, etc.
- Executes strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability.
- Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
- Achieves financial objectives, assists in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Formulates appropriate store staffing levels by effective and efficient recruiting, orienting, and training employees;
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, performance management when necessary;
- Executes a rigorous employee development system;
- Identifies current and future customer and donor requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and donors in a position to understand service requirements.
- Monitors donation flow within the store to maximize sales
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Protects employees and customers by ensuring a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with all legal requirements.
- Promote positive relationships across the entire organization including media, volunteer recruitment, executive leadership and Board of Directors
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send all resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
We are also always in need of superb, dedicated volunteers!