Clothes Less Traveled is seeking a dedicated individual for the position of Dock Associate. The mission of Clothes Less Traveled is to serve the needs of our community by operating a thrift shop where gently used household goods and clothing can be resold at fair and reasonable prices. Profits, after expenses are paid and reserves are met, are distributed as scholarships, vouchers, and grants to qualified recipients and other non-profit organizations.
We are a team-oriented customer service driven organization. We value our employees, volunteers, customers, and donors. If you are looking for a place that is fun, high energy and makes a difference in the community then please apply.
The position of Dock Associate will have principle responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensure daily dock goals, projects and needs are accomplished through direction given through Dock Manager
- Provide assistance to donors bringing items for the store and provide donation receipt along with superior customer service
- Work with volunteers and staff for dock coverage throughout day to include lunches and breaks
- Train and work with any community service workers regarding assignments in the dock area
- Ensure all equipment is accessible and stored in accordance with safety guidelines
- Ensure proper allocation of donations to assigned areas: Electronics, Books, Toys, Clothing, Furniture and all Non-Clothing Donations
- Ensure daily cleaning of dock and store to include bathrooms
- Collection of shop trash and dumpster usage
- Cardboard box collection and disposal
This position is 30 hours per week. Must have the flexibility to work any day of the week during store hours including Saturdays. We are open 10-5 Monday – Saturday with the exception of Thursday when we close at 7. If interested, please send resume to email@example.com.
We are also always in need of superb, dedicated volunteers!