High school students, check out the merit-based college scholarships to be awarded this spring by The Clothes Less Traveled!
Clothes Less Traveled has awarded college scholarships annually, since 1997. If you have volunteered at Clothes Less Traveled you are eligible for a scholarship!
Clothes Less Traveled grants college scholarships each year. Postmark deadline for all required application materials is March 9th.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from any accredited public, private or home school.
- Applicant must be a resident of the local area served by Clothes Less Traveled: the South Metro Atlanta Counties of Fayette, Coweta, Clayton, Spalding and South Fulton Cities of College Park, East Point, Fairburn, Hapeville, Palmetto and Union City.
- A minimum of 40 hours volunteered at Clothes Less Traveled is required to be eligible for the scholarship. Additional extra credit will be given for those who volunteer at the following hourly gates: 51, 76, 101, and 126 hours. While this is a merit scholarship, significant volunteer hours can affect your score on our rubric as strongly as a high GPA or SAT/ACT scores. Volunteer hours may be accumulated at any time during the high school career.
- Scholarships awarded by the Clothes Less Traveled Board of Directors are merit-based and will be determined by the applicants academic achievement, as well as by extracurricular and community involvement and by the applicant’s demonstrated commitment to voluntary service. Contact our volunteer coordinator at Volunteer@ClothesLessTraveled.org to get started.
- Scholarships must be used at a U.S. institution.
A complete list of eligibility requirements and instructions for completing the form are on the Scholarship Application itself. Please note that although you may apply online, there is additional documentation that must be mailed to Clothes Less Traveled, to include official SAT and/or ACT score reports as well as information from your school’s guidance office and a letter of recommendation. Outside documentation should be sealed by the issuing office or person. Please note: a print out of student’s test scores from the College Board website does not meet the application requirements for SAT/ACT scores.
If you have further questions, please contact the Scholarships Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you as a volunteer at The Clothes Less Traveled—and as one of our next college scholarship recipients!
1. Click the button below to fill out our Scholarship Application:
The Clothes Less Traveled Board of Directors Scholarship Committee meets in the spring to review the Scholarship Applications and to select scholarship recipients. The Clothes Less Traveled will contact scholarship winners after selections in late May.
2018 Scholarship Awards
The Board of Directors are pleased to announce the 2018 Scholarship Awards to the following student volunteers: